- The body responsible for the collection, processing and usage of data (hereinafter referred to as “data use”) in connection with the use of this Website and the JobLeads job portal within the meaning of the Data Privacy Act is JobLeads GmbH, Großer Burstah 36-38, 20457 Hamburg, Germany. You can find more detailed information in the Website’s Legal Notice.
- The employees of JobLeads have been obligated to maintain data secrecy in accordance with Section 5 BDSG [German Data Protection Act] and are also sensitized to the particular significance of data privacy.
- JobLeads employees shall periodically reaffirm their commitment to maintain data secrecy. The applicable statutory provisions such as the German Federal Data Privacy Act (BDSG) and the German Telemedia Act (TMG) form the basis for this.
Basic principles of data processing
- Insofar as you disclose personal data to us (for example, when registering for the job portal), this shall be used solely for the purposes for which the data was provided. In no event shall the collected data be sold or forwarded to third parties for other reasons.
- Within the context of establishing and maintaining an internet connection between your computer and our server, various data, in particular the following data, is stored: Your IP address, time of access, duration of visit, browser type and the domain accessed.
Use of individual functions of the Website and the job portal
- It is generally possible to visit our Website without stating any personal information. Use of the essential functions and the job portal, however, requires registration at all times. The scope of the data required during registration may vary from case to case. The following data must be stated at all times: Last name, first name, email address, gender and a designated password. After registering, you can complete your profile by adding further personal information and uploading documents such as résumé and credentials. This additional information is provided on a voluntary basis.
- We use your mandatory and additional voluntary information solely to make the job portal and its functions available to you. This shall also apply for any and all details stated in the uploaded documents. You can set the visibility of your details in your profile settings yourself. Where you have disclosed your details within the context of a job application or have made them visible to the general public in your profile, we shall forward these appropriately or present them in such a manner that they can be viewed by these users. Headhunters or other recruiters also have access to publicly available data and may use this for recruitment purposes. Your data cannot be viewed by third parties outside the job portal except in the case of Section 5.3. For the use of your data to receive information from JobLeads, see Section 9.
- Where you apply for a job offer via the portal’s application function, we shall send your application documents to the respective employer. In all other cases, the data shall be collected directly by the employer or the service provider commissioned with the employee search via a frame.
- All payment transactions shall be processed by PAYONE GmbH, Fraunhoferstraße 2 – 4, 24118 Kiel, Germany. Your payment details shall be collected by us and forwarded to PAYONE for further processing. This shall likewise be done solely for the purpose of processing payments. The data privacy regulations of PAYONE, which can be viewed at https://www.payone.com/en/privacy/, shall apply for the processing of your data by PAYONE.
“Session cookies” are used for technical reasons. The session cookie is technically necessary for establishing and
maintaining the connection to our Website. The cookie set by us does not contain any personal data; it merely contains a
random ID number. When you close your browser, this cookie is automatically deleted and is no longer stored on the hard
drive. Persistent cookies with a storage period of up to 10 years are also stored on your computer for the technical
implementation of our Website. The cookies used are listed as follows:
Cookie Collected data Storage period Purpose Localization cookie cityName, countryCode, countryName, currency, latitude, locale, longitude, radiusRangeList (for search), radiusUnit (for search), regionName, timezoneName, timezoneOffset, version, worldRegion 10 years Correct display and processing of localized content (language, units, currency, etc. KnownUser cookie User ID (hashed), if user has a user account 10 years User recognition Server ID cookie Visited web server on which session is running Session “Transmission” of all requests to the same web server Session cookie Session ID Session Session maintenance, technical implementation of the Website.
Apart from the technically necessary cookies listed above, we also use the cookies listed and described
in detail below for the analysis of the use of our Website and our job portal.
Cookie Collected data Storage period Purpose Criteo cookie User ID, hashed email, IDs of viewed jobs 1 year Usage anylysis, retargeting
- You can prevent the installation of cookies by adjusting your browser settings accordingly. However, this means that you will not be able to use the key functions of the Website. You cannot log into the job portal without cookies.
- This Website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. ("Google"). Google Analytics uses so-called “cookies”, text files that are stored on your computer and enable an analysis of how you use the Website. The information collected by the cookie on your use of this Website is generally transmitted to a Google server in the US and stored there.
- However, before the information is transmitted, your IP address will be truncated by Google, and thus anonymized, within Member States of the European Union or in other countries that are party to the Agreement on the European Economic Area. Only in exceptional cases will the entire IP address be transmitted to a Google server in the US and truncated there. IP anonymization is activated on this Website. Google will use this information on behalf of the operator of this Website for the purpose of evaluating your use of the Website, compiling reports on Website activity and providing the Website operator with other services relating to Website and internet usage.
- The IP address transmitted by your browser within the context of Google Analytics will not be associated with any other data held by Google. You can prevent the installation of cookies by adjusting your browser settings accordingly; however, we must point out that in this case not all functions of the website may be available to you in their full capacity. You can also prevent the collection of data generated by the cookie and related to your use of the Website (including your IP address) for Google, as well as the processing of this data by Google, by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available at the following link: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en.
- As an alternative to the browser add-on, particularly with regard to browsers on mobile end devices, you can also prevent the collection of data by Google Analytics by setting an opt-out cookie, which will prevent your data from being collected each time you visit this Website in future. To do so, simply click on this link: deactivate Google Analytics. The opt-out cookie shall apply solely for this browser and only for our Website and is stored on your device. If you delete the cookies in this browser, you will have to reset the opt-out cookie.
We also use Google Analytics to evaluate data from double-click cookies and AdWords for statistical purposes. If you
object to this, you can deactivate this function in the Ads Preference Manager at:
Social media Log-in
- You can also log into your account via an existing social media account. If you choose this method, you will be forwarded to the website of the social media platform where you can log in with the user data valid for this platform. When you log in, data is exchanged between our job portal and the social media platform. Here, we use only your general profile details to identify you as a user, i.e. your gender, your name, your email address and an identifier.
the Terms and Conditions of Use of the respective platform operator for further information on social media log-in and
the privacy settings.
Facebook Connect, a service provided by Facebook Inc. 1601 S. California Ave Pal Alto, CA 94304 USA;
If you register with us, we shall also use your email address to send you our newsletter to keep you informed of any job vacancies and the range of services offered by JobLeads. You can unsubscribe from the newsletter at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of each newsletter and in the notification settings in the “My details” area of your account. You will not incur any additional costs by doing so.
JobLeads implements technical and organizational measures to safeguard its Website, its service and other systems against the loss, destruction, access, alteration and dissemination of your data by unauthorized persons. The entire data traffic generated during the use of the JobLeads service on the Website is 256-BIT TLS SSL-encrypted.
Right to information / deletion of personal data
Großer Burstah 36-38
20457 Hamburg, Germany
Data Privacy Officer:
Michael Schramm, LL.M. (Minnesota)
Tel.: +49 (0)30 2789000